- Lori Lindsay
Fun Facts About Living in Austin
Love where you live
• Whole Foods began in Austin in 1978, when 25-year-old college dropouts John Mackey and Rene Lawson Hardy borrowed $45,000 to open a small natural foods store. In 2017, Amazon paid $13.4 billion to acquire the upscale grocery chain.
• Constructed from sunset red granite, the Texas State Capitol building in Austin is the largest state capitol in the United States.
• With 200 live music venues and as many as 2,000 bands and performing artists, Austin is considered the Live Music Capital of the World.
• “Austin City Limits” — the longest-running live music television show in the U.S. –began broadcasting on October 14, 1974
• Since 1963, Austin has celebrated the birthday of Eeyore, the fictional character from Winnie the Pooh. Eeyore’s Birthday Party generally occurs on the last Saturday in April.
• Austin is home to America’s only Formula 1 race, the United States Grand Prix.
• According to the Nielsen Company, adults in Austin read and contribute to blogs more than those in any other U.S. metropolitan areas.
• U.S. News & World Report named Austin the best place to live in the U.S. in 2017.
#TRMG #relocation #moving #newhome #relocationservices #destinationservices